Jumar Solutions are excited to be recruiting Java/Scala Developer contract opportunities, for a well-known international IT company with offices in the UK.
We have a unique opportunity for experienced Java Developers to work with this market leading company, whilst developing your commercial development experience with Scala.
It could be that you already have commercial experience of developing with Scala, this would also acceptable as the daily rate is competitive.
You will be involved in interested and varied work, working alongside the existing Agile Scrum teams to develop outstanding customer software that exceeds the customer's expectations.
You will be guaranteed a minimum of 6 months work however, there may be potential to work up to 2 years.
The role is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the most recognisable IT organisations in the UK, working on with an important end-client.
- Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services, working within an Agile environment
- Building prototypes, writing tests, codes and accompanying documentation
- Implementing RESTful API's, JSON, ensuring integration
- Working in cross-functional teams, writing and testing production quality
- Ensuring new and updated digital services are thoroughly tested, performance and load
- Collaborate with Scrum Team and Delivery Centre, providing feedback to more junior colleagues
- Contribute to continued service improvement in which systems are analysed, maintained and improved
- Contribute to an automated test suite to work in a continuous integration
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with both technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrable commercial experience of programming back-end development with Java and/or Scala
- Experience of No SQL databases, especially MongoDB
- Experience of implementing modern front-end web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST and JSON
- A good understanding of Agile/Web methodology and technologies
- Good experience of automated testing
The client is looking for Developers to work on contracts in a digital centre within an easy commute of Leeds, Bradford, Keighley, Halifax, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Wakefield and Shipley.
If you are actively looking for a new role or due to finish your current contract, please get in touch!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959357536