Affecto are proud to be working with a leading financial services business, who are looking for a Devops Engineer to join their infrastructure team, based in Leeds. As Devops Engineer you'll be responsible for taking ownership of the estate and acting as a link between the software and infrastructure team.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an analytical, forward thinking individual who's more than happy to get their hands dirty. This is a great opportunity for someone with a background in support/administration, who's looking to transition into a devops role.
- Key responsibility for estate of Microsoft SQL servers
- Escalated application support for in house apps
- Responsibility for scripting and integration of in house apps with telephony system
- Completion of data requests
- Business MI excel report writing and troubleshooting
- SQL Server performance monitoring and tuning
- Automate and script tasks for infrastructure support team, including PowerShell
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, via the helpdesk software or via email
- Offer advice to end users and other technicians where necessary
- Follow help desk procedures and ticket handling procedures
- Log all user interaction within helpdesk software
- Responsible for responding to any urgent tickets in unassigned when no first line technicians are available
- Stay current with business application and system information, changes and updates
- Carry out in-depth investigation of problems and root causes
- 3+ Years in an IT Support role
- Knowledge of writing and troubleshooting SQL queries, views and create stored procedures and SQL based Excel reports
- Experience in a Windows environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure inc PowerShell
- Strong sense of pride and teamwork and willingness to aid in the success of the team
- Knowledge of software development in a windows environment, particularly .Net Framework
- Knowledge of phone systems - ideally Shoretel
- Further / Higher education qualifications in IT or related discipline
- Any IT industry qualification, MCSA / CCNA etc
- Any experience with SAN Enterprise IT
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business who are going through an exciting period of growth. If this sounds like the challenge you're looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
Affecto Recruitment support all roles within IT including Software Developers, Android and iOS Developers, Infrastructure Engineers, Test Analysts, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Database Administrators, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, MI Analysts and Embedded Software Engineers with a vast range of clients UK wide but predominantly in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959363545