Engineer, Seatbelt & Safety System Design
RLE International currently seeks the skills of an experienced Safety Restraints Engineer to join our OEM client's established team developing seat belts, airbags and steering wheel parts to all cost, quality and delivery targets.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
In the position your responsibilities will include:
- Parts development and system performance planning from pre-concept to lifetime management for the Safety & Restraints System (seatbelts, airbags and steering wheel) on European models.
- Supplier and project management for all aspects of OEM development including cost management, concept definition, supplier selection, performance achievement, styling, validation, delivery, production preparation and quality achievement.
- As you would expect, being a global organisation, working cross functionally across the business and with our suppliers will be an essential part of the role.
- European travel is a certainty but you may be required to travel outside of Europe during crucial development periods.
Background & Experience
Successful applicants will have experience in the following:
- Working for an OEM or tier 1 supplier in safety and restraints system development
- Previous supplier management experience, working together to resolve issues and meet project timelines.
- Self-motivated to deliver results and follow up areas for improvement.
- Driven to self-develop and utilise all company and own routes for enhancing technical knowledge and industry developments.
- Motivated to form mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Fluent oral and written English language skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959354006