Maintenance Engineer: Berkshire
Maintenance and inspection of traffic signals assets, ancillary equipment and/or other highways systems. Routine and corrective maintenance of equipment including optical maintenance as defined by the Company and contractual requirements. Undertake all new installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities.
What are my responsibilities?
- Routine and corrective maintenance of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/or other highways systems
- Periodic Inspections of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and / or highways systems equipment including electrical testing
- Accurate collection and processing of data to enable fault free analysis of equipment performance
- Analysis of data to assess performance of equipment within contractual requirements, ensuring correct storage of information once process complete.
- Out of hours working to support service contract requirements Standby for emergency repairs
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training. In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible.
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role.
- Installation of traffic signal assets (including the installation and wiring of controllers), ancillary equipment and/or highways systems unsupervised or as part of a team.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- HNC / ONC/ City and Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering or similar, desirable
Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- IT - familiarity with product specific software
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Organisation - prioritisation of tasks, attention to detail
- Must hold full UK Driving License.
- Experience of working outside, working at heights, working as part of a team and working unsupervised, testing of electrical equipment in an industrial environment, working on traffic signal equipment, highly advantageous
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year's revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959356395