Market Quality Engineer - Electrical & Electronic Systems
RLE has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join the largest automaker in the world. The role will be based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire, with the possibility of travel to other European sites.
Mission & Main Objectives
- Investigate complex Electrical Systems quality concerns on customer vehicles in the field and identify Root Cause
- Transfer market quality technical understanding to responsible R&D sections.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Front line role within R&D in Europe to confirm warranty and dissatisfaction concern description/conditions, conduct Root Cause Technical Investigation for all Nissan and Infiniti passenger vehicles sold within Europe. With particular regard to Electrical, Electronic systems associated with conventional and Electric Vehicles and Charger systems.
- Travel will be required to most European countries.
- Close liaison with Nissan internal Quality departments, Design sections and Dealer Network.
- Timely feedback of results to R&D, Quality Departments and Production Plants by written report and validation of countermeasures.
- Practical use of test instrumentation for data collection associated with vehicle Electrical and Electronic systems and components and EV Charger systems
- Ability to plan field investigation visits, including preparation of investigation procedures, collating background information from Field Quality team and Design sections as necessary
Background and Experience
3+ year?s automotive industry experience. Ideally experienced in field quality investigation work or product test and development.
Proven ability in concern resolution and investigation work for Electrical & Electronic systems.
- Has work ethic which will add value to the company
- Able and willing to work speedily and responsively to changing demands
- Customer focused, able to lead, support and motivate to achieve goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for liaison/negotiation at all levels both internally and with external organisations
- Ability to plan and manage own workload and that of support technicians at dealerships etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959353982