Junior SQL Server DBA
This is a great opportunity to further develop your career in technology, giving a wide variety of 'hands on' experience in a digitally focused, ambitious organisation and would suit someone who is looking to develop their SQL Server skills. Working in a team of three SQL DBA's you will be an important part of our IT team.
- Responsible for the implementation, support and maintenance of our database applications.
- Responsible for the maintenance, development and timely delivery of automated reports.
- Responsible for the delivery of data extracts
- Provide development support for the business as our data requirements grow.
- Keep up to date on new database technologies.
- Ensure adherence to database best practices.
- Responsible for monitoring database stability and performance; ensuring data integrity is maintained across all databases.
- A passion for technology and its practical application in a business context
- Hands-on/technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) would be ideal.
- MCSE level of experience is advantageous but not essential
- Stay up-to-date with technology trends
- Knowledge of T-SQL (or PL/SQL).
- Good understanding of relational databases and their design.
- Good understanding of ETL processing of data.
- Good communications skills and comfortable working across departments
- Knowledge of any of the following would be beneficial:
- Reporting software (for example SQL Server Reporting Services - SSRS).
- Query performance-tuning techniques.
- Common SQL DBA tasks
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959361284