Flood Risk Officer - Drainage
An excellent opportunity has arisen in London for a Drainage / Flood Risk Officer to join a busy Highways Policy and Community Engagement team on a contract basis.
The role will involve developing and implementing the actions needed to be undertaken by the Council in response to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, in matters predominantly relating to drainage. Specifically, it will require providing responses to planning applications in order to secure appropriate drainage proposals within new developments and involve work on Council flood mitigation projects.
Resident & Community Contribution
* To demonstrate an understanding of the Council's Customer Care Standards and ensure that these standards are met in order to deliver the Council vision of 'putting our residents first'.
* To help reduce flood risk to residents across the borough
* To contribute to a better community understanding of flood risks and what can be done, and is done, to reduce these risks
* To draft briefings and guidance for internal and external stakeholders regarding the Council's flood and water management functions.
* This post holder has a supervisory role for small scale works and for supporting the FWMO in the supervising of works of a more complex nature, issuing instructions to carry out work, quality control, measurement, arranging for the issuing of variation orders and agreeing accounts.
* To continuously monitor and meet regularly with contractors' site management to report to FWMO on contractors' performance.
Operational Service Delivery
* To attend training as and when required
* To reflect the Council's core values in all aspects of delivering the service such as equal opportunities, health and safety, customer care etc.
* To deputise for the FWMO when occasion demands.
Service Planning & Development
* To maintain knowledge of the current requirements of flood and water management legislation
* To clearly understand the role of delivering the requirements of the legislation.
* To work in partnership with others to provide the most effective response to the Flood and Water Management Act.
* To encourage the implementation of sustainable drainage systems (SUDs) in planning applications comparing the appropriateness of the proposals against national standards.
Financial & Resource Management
* To demonstrate cost-consciousness and identify any cost effective changes to own way of working.
* To assist with procurement and project management of external consultants where necessary, to fulfil the Council's strategic flood risk function.
* To identify and suggest any improvements to current ways of working in order to deliver a more efficient and effective service for customers.
* To support the FWMO in monitoring the requirements of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 and to develop and co-ordinate actions in response.
To support the FWMO in the following duties:
* To ensure the Council is compliant with all Flood Risk Legislation, plans and guidance.
* To ensure the Council is compliant with National Flood Risk regulations.
* To carry out investigations of flood events and to identify structures that may need to come under Council control, in order to minimise impacts from future flood events.
* To assist with data collection for the purpose of compiling and maintaining the highways asset management and highways maintenance computerised management system, together with the input of data.
* To carry out the Council's statutory function of designating assets
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To submit an application, please select 'Apply Now'.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959354703