Days Based (13:30 Finish on Friday)
Up to 35k Basic Salary
Due to a rapid increase in orders, my client, a highly successful and recognisable FMCG organisation is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join its Technical Support Team on days. You will be responsible for the electrical aspects of the plant. The primary role of the Engineer is to ensure plant down time remains minimal through planned maintenance strategies. You will also be actively involved in all manner of project work and continuous improvement related tasks.
- The Engineer will have strong troubleshooting skills for technical issues with the ability to problem solve using root cause analysis.
- He/she will support and coach the Operational Teams / colleagues in resolving the technical issues on the machine.
- Works towards a zero-breakdown & zero-stop mentality, reducing the maintenance costs including reducing working capital for spare parts.
- Takes ownership for working area; monitors key maintenance KPIs such as breakdowns & has a strong service-department mind set towards the Operations.
- Performs high quality root-cause analysis for technical and process problems
- Supports, suggests and implements improvements (Safety, Technology, Process)
- Project work (installations, commissioning, contractor management, costings, suppliers etc)
- Cover for the Dept Manager when needed.
- Electrical Engineering NVQ L3, HNC or equivalent
- Experience in a similar electrical function and industrial environment (Ideally FMCG)
- Experience of PLC systems. Ideally Siemens or Allen Bradley.
- Experience of implementing plant improvements.
This role really is a fantastic career opportunity to join a very successful and rapidly expanding global market leader. To apply for this position please send your CV and salary expectation to Danny Walsh OR call 01618269466 NOW for a confidential chat.