Graduate Catastrophe Risk Analyst
Role Purpose (Summary)
Analyse and monitor the catastrophe metrics for QBE?s Property portfolios. Interpret output from the models to assist Underwriters in managing their aggregate exposure and writing profitable business.
- Perform analytics on potential new accounts using catastrophe models. Interpret output from the models, and explain results to Underwriters to assist them with risk selection.
- Manage the accounts recorded in the centralised database, and import all bound policies accurately. Create portfolio-level reports on a quarterly basis and advise Underwriting Managers how to optimise their portfolios.
- Become proficient at using catastrophe modelling software, and develop a detailed understanding of how the models work. Attend seminars and conferences to consolidate knowledge and learn about new developments in the industry.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the underwriters, explaining catastrophe modelling concepts and help them manage their data.
- Assist with the reporting and mapping of exposure and/or losses for real-time events.
- Work on ad-hoc projects for the Catastrophe Modelling Central Team.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a quantitative, scientific, or environmental discipline
- Strong analytical and numerical ability, in order to interrogate large datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to explain technical concepts clearly
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Pro-active attitude to identifying inefficient processes and developing improvements
- Coding experience in a relevant language (e.g. SQL, VBA, R, C#)
- Knowledge of commercial insurance and/or the catastrophe modelling industry
- Experience in using mapping software (e.g. GIS)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959348277