DevOps Engineer Contract London
About the job
The right person will be a highly experienced DevOps Engineer who will help implement and expand the automation strategy for our client's global platform.
We are looking for someone passionate about configuration management and continuous delivery and deployment technologies.
The role will report into the DevOps Technical Lead.
Skills & Abilities
- Significant, practical experience with configuration and build management automation in AWS , specifically with Puppet (modules official and custom, effective code/data separation with Hiera) and Terraform (including the 2 most recent versions)
- Experience with Continuous Integrations processes and tools, specifically with Jenkins and its plugins, artifacts built as RPMs for automated deployment, Nexus or Artifactory
- Experience with the deployment of complex eCommerce and content management solutions.
- Specific knowledge of Hybris and Adobe AEM is a plus
- Deep understanding of networking, load balancing and storage technologies in a cloud environment like AWS EC2 (S3, ELBs, VPCs, etc)
- Significant experience with current coding/scripting skills (Ruby, Perl, Python, Java, especially SpringBoot and Microservices applications).
- Experience with MongoDB and MySQL, or other similar technologies
- Significant experience with AWS EC2 with critical Production environments
- Experience with version controls systems (VCS) such as Git, BitBucket, GitHub and the related concepts of Pull Requests, branching strategies, best practices
- Excellent collaboration skills across Development, QA, Operations and with all other stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner especially to colleagues during stand-ups and other meetings
- Experience working in an Agile / Kanban / Scrum development environment, with Sprint-based activity management (planning, retrospectives, etc)
- Ability to prepare POC (proof of concept) minimal viable configurations to demonstrate the pros and cons of any proposed solution
- Autonomy and willingness to self-train and learn new technologies as the need arises
Please only apply if you meet the above criteria.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959361767