Work Shop Engineer
Our client based in the Orton area of Peterborough is looking to recruit several experience Work Shop Engineers to help cover an intake of work.
The length of work is for around 2 months with a view to being extended after that for the right candidates.
DESCRIPTION OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Carry out maintenance and repair of a range of compact road sweepers, truck mount sweepers, Winter spreaders and mowing equipment in an efficient and high quality manner.
- Be responsible for the cleanliness, tidiness and safety of your work
- Carry out refurbishments and accident damage repair work on our range of equipment.
- Carry out body building jobs and welding where appropriate on mounting spreaders and other associated project work
- Undertake customer site visits to repair equipment throughout the UK as requested. This may require overnight stays occasionally. Be willing to offer temporary support to our Scottish operation if required.
- Provide excellent customer service in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete daily job sheets and associated administration as required.
- Work as part of the workshop team and support your colleagues to ensure deadlines and targets are met or exceeded.
- Demonstrate your commitment to our 3 values - Ownership, Professionalism and Respect
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidates would ideally be from within or have experience of the industry or be from an allied discipline such as Heavy Plant Engineering, LGV engineering, Agricultural Engineering; Materials Handling equipment Engineering or the automotive industry.
- Ideally hold an apprenticeship or qualification in an engineering related subject, or show competency deemed to be qualified by experience.
- An ability to demonstrate a thorough practical and theoretical understanding of the repair and maintenance of IC engines, hydraulic systems and auto-electrical systems.
- Clean driving licence. Ideally holds an HGV licence or is willing to obtain. It is an essential requirement of the business in order to drive our equipment (Assistance in gaining the licence may be offered to the right candidate)
- Welding skills would be an advantage.
- Experience of carrying out repairs to a technical level on high-value capital products.
- Must be flexible and adaptable.
- Must be able to demonstrate a positive customer focused 'cando? attitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use computer systems and input data
- An understanding of TPS / 5S principles in the workplace a distinct advantage
The hours of work are Monday to Friday from 7am to 4.30pm (working week is 42.5hrs).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959353017