Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
This company has benefited from their success, which means there is security in working for this stable and well establish IT business. They look to invest in their people, with progression opportunity and providing ongoing development.
With newly refurbished offices, this is a chance to work in a small team of ten, a friendly group with an informal atmosphere, and plenty of banter.
Currently seeking two ambitious individuals for two IT Apprentice positions within an established business, with over 25 years of experience. Based in Leicester, this company boasts their expertise and specialism in providing hardware and software support services for network systems.
In the role, the apprentice will be reporting to the Senior Network Engineer, to support the team and help with desk tasks. Joining a team of ten first and second line support staff, the apprentice will be required to work with all departments, clients and suppliers.
The roles will begin at the first line help-desk, with the opportunity to progress. Seeking candidates who are hobbyists, with problem-solving skills and are motivated to complete each task.
This is a growing business, with a fun and vibrant atmosphere and lots of opportunities available.
- Provide helpdesk support and logging calls
- IT inventory updates
- Basic Windows servers and Network administration
- Booking hardware deliveries
- Setting up workplace, docking stations, information points and patching cables
- Supporting Microsoft Windows operating 7 & 10 systems and MS Office applications
- Administering and maintaining accounts
- Key skills required include:
- Good ITC and problem-solving capability
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated and proactive to complete tasks
- Ambitious and a strong work ethic
- Will be excited to begin a career in IT
The candidates must have GCSE Grades A-C in 3 subjects, including GSCE Maths and English (or equivalents) at Grades D or above
9:00am - 5:30pm (with one hour for lunch)
Benefits / Other Important Information
- Upon successful completion of your training, there is a real opportunity to progress within the business
- Regular team activities and pizza on the last Friday of the monthly
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959352736