Installations Engineer - Warehousing
The company is a global high-tech company and one of the key players within Baggage Handling and Material Handling Systems; and has over 45,600 employees.
Following a series of significant contract awards through 2016 and 2017, the company faces a period of significant growth in their Automation Business. They are rapidly becoming the go-to company when customers require tailored business critical automated systems for a diverse range of sorting requirements. The company is looking to accelerate the growth in the UK and overseas business to enable them to respond to the current and envisaged future growth and ultimately to increase market share.
Location: East Midlands; Derby
Key Responsibility Areas:
You will be responsible for the entire on-site installation of their material handling systems, supporting the commissioning of their customers sites.
- Continuous evaluation of the construction site and necessary project performance reporting into the Site Manager / Project Manager with a primary focus on safety
- Supervision of the companies and subcontracted workforce to ensure strict adherence to deadlines and quality, from beginning of installation to acceptance
- Interface between installation / commissioning workforce and Site Manager and Project Manager
- Responsibility for the adherence to the valid process and work instructions
- Coordination of subcontractors on-site including access / pass and on site logistics
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Successfully completed mechanical or electrical education and training
- Experience in installation of material handling systems, programing Siemens S7 PLC's, experience of Profibus.
- Experience in international plant engineering
- Basic knowledge in the fields of electrical and mechanical engineering is desirable
- Willingness to travel abroad (40 %)
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, AutoCAD)
- Class B driver's licence is prerequisite, forklift truck licence of advantage
- Self-dependent and responsible way of working
- Preferred if holder of CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959336216