Transport of crude oil and other energy resources requires a sophisticated safe operation system supported by advanced technical capabilities. MOL focuses on enhancement of the fleet's quality as well as seafarer education and training to establish an optimum safe operation system. Under an international treaty, all tankers built after 1996 must have a double-hull structure for cargo tanks to prevent cargo oil leakage in the event of a collision or grounding.
MOL promoted the adoption of double-hulled cargo tanks ahead of other companies for the sake of marine and global environmental protection, which is one of its corporate principles. By the end of December 2008, all of MOL's crude oil tankers had double-hull cargo tanks. Further, MOL adopted the double-hull structure to fuel tanks for VLCCs launched after May 2005.
The MOL Group owns ship management companies specializing in tankers. MOL consolidates the tanker operation know-how accumulated at these companies to improve customer services and ensure safe and efficient operation. In addition, MOL's in-house training centers provide seafarers with extensive education and training programs backed by the MOL Group's rich experience in tanker operations including cargo loading and discharging.
Position Summary: Complies with Company Vision Mission and Principles and through them, the Company Policies, values, and Safety Management System.
Aim: To learn Company Policy, process, procedures and solutions for on board IT Networks and provide supervised support to IT Supervisor in the development, maintenance and performance monitoring of the systems remotely. The role may require the apprentice to travel when physical intervention is required. Training will be provided to ensure that the role is conducted safely in line with the Company core value, No One Gets Hurt.
Planning Responsibilities --- (Plan)
- Maintenance of Antivirus on the IT networks on board the vessels
- Installation and configuration of the Backup systems on board the vessels
Operational Responsibilities --- (Do)
- Be the first port of call for vessel IT Support needs
- Support IT team with IT Projects as required
- Assist with Network security configuration
- Provide support to the fleet as required for IT and Communications issues
- Attend Vessels as and when required
Performance monitoring responsibilities ---- (Check)
- Network performance using Solarwinds
- Check and verify Backups Monitor on-going projects and provide progress and cost control reports to line manager
- Monitor, review and report suppliers' performance to line manager
Responsibilities for Driving Improvement ---- (Act)
- Propose solutions to improve the fleet IT
- Implement new technologies to drive efficiency where feasible
- Soft Skill Competencies Delivers quality
- Compliance with procedures
- Team player
- Customer focus
- Organized and self-motivated
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem solving
- Adaptable and flexible
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Other Important Information
Working week - 9am-5pm
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959343518