Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant for a job based in South Leeds. Due to company growth this is a newly created position reporting into the Financial Controller. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a UK leading business who operate in an industry sector which will see continued growth for the foreseeable future.
The company pride themselves in offering all employees a stimulating environment in which to work, as well as a competitive benefits package and genuine opportunities for career development. The business is easily accessible from all areas of Leeds, Wakefield, Bradford, Castleford & Pontefract
As an experienced Accountant your job is pivotal to the organisation in order to maintain and update control accounts.
Your main responsibilities will include: -
- Maintaining and updating control accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and returns
- Preparing complex Tax Returns, arranging submission to HMRC and VAT returns
- Maintaining the company fixed asset registers
- Working closely with the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Payroll and Credit Control teams
- Reviewing all the trial balances
- Checking the accuracy of all balance sheet entries
- Ideally you will be CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified, Part qualified or similar.
- You will have a strong technical accounting knowledge and a high level of analytical skills;
- Good experience of audit and internal control processes
- Experienced in the production of Annual Accounts for Group of companies
- A detailed knowledge of the practical issues involved in the production of financial reports
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of a wide scope of work
- Ability to be self-motivated and organised, with a passion to share best practice across the team
Salary is £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
- Excellent training, development and progression opportunities
- Health care cash benefit scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Ability to get a Car through salary sacrifice
- Discounted shopping
- 25 days holiday plus stats
- Standard Hours 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at ************************ for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications Brewster Pratap receive we are unable to give all applicants individual feedback on each job application. If you have not heard from one of our consultants within 2 weeks of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959351713