My client a leading global broadcaster is undergoing a transformation aimed at supporting ambitious growth targets as it continues to expand internationally. A key component of this ambition includes significant growth in consumer-focused digital products and services. To help realise this goal the company has formed a Consumer Digital Technology (CDT) group with ownership of consumer-facing digital products and services across the organisation.
We are seeking a highly-skilled, collaborative software engineer to work on the consumer website and application development of one of the UK's best-loved, most visited sites. All the teams, from product and development to editorial, work closely together to produce outstanding digital products, who constantly innovate, with their audiences always at the centre of what they do. My client has a leading approach to software development and a philosophy of continuous improvement and a strong focus on engineering excellence.
Applicants should have a fundamental understanding of computer science; be well versed in engineering best practices and software design patterns; and be able to demonstrate experience building scalable responsive web and mobile applications using a combination of technologies. Several of their products use Drupal 7 as their core CMS, so experience with this is essential but applicants should be keen to learn and use other technologies where required.
- Contribute to a detailed understanding of technical requirements
- Collaboratively design and develop fit-for-purpose solutions that are flexible, secure and maintainable
- Work with 3rd party teams and other in-house teams
- Use appropriate toolsets for full SDLC
- Passion for agile delivery methodologies
- Ensure high quality through Behavioural and Test Driven Development (BDD/TDD)
- Write efficient, testable, reusable and well documented code
- Write automated tests and work with QA team to ensure compatibility and quality
- Explore and understand new and existing solutions and solve complex problems
Key technologies used (must be experienced with these):
- Drupal 7
- Git or similar
- Jira or similar
- Confluence or similar
- MySQL or similar
- At least 1 of Apache, NGINX,
The Ideal Candidate
- Enthusiastic about sharing knowledge with others
- Willingness to support your team's code through in and out-of-hours rotas
- Able to adapt quickly to understand new-to-you technologies
- Highly curious about experimenting with new-to-everyone technologies
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Collaboration/Team oriented with the ability to be self-reliant
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable background/experience
Please contact Tom Elliott for immediate consideration or forward your CV for review.
For future opportunities please follow Adalta on LinkedIn for all our latest jobs, interviews tips and market insights
Please follow Adalta here on LinkedIn.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959349261