Temporary Bookkeeper required to provide cover for approximately 6 months.
Our client is a highly valued and respected not for profit charitable business, based in Oldbury .
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Ensure that all financial data is accurate
- Invoices are recorded in a timely manner
- Service provided to departments is of a high standard
- Ensure the preparation of all financial statements, in a timely manner, for the CEO, appropriate meetings and the Board of Trustees with a complete reconciliation of the Balance Sheet
- Managing the cash flow ensuring there is sufficient funds to pay all money owed to relevant third parties
- Actively manage the annual audit process from a systems perspective and access to all files are prepared and available
- Ensure all financial entries are posted in Sage
- On a monthly basis reconcile the petty cash for all parts of the organisation
- Run BACS payments and handle the transfer of money with regard to the banking
- Establish and maintain an expedient process for all invoicing to facilitate regular receipted income and to routinely assess delayed payments taking corrective action in accordance with the Credit Control procedure
- Maintain and review the adequacy and completeness of all accounting policies and procedures. In addition, continuously assess the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting systems, processes and reporting. To make improvements where required
- In addition to maintaining the accuracy of accounting records it is also necessary to ensure appropriate changes are made to Charities Commission and Companies House records whenever necessary,eg Trustees details
- Maintain/administer appropriate controls in terms of authorisation for supplier payments from order commitment through to bank mandate changes
- Liaise appropriately with external organisations, agencies and businesses
- Provide timely and accurate management information
- Contribute to, and actively promote the philosophy, values and aims of charity
- Take responsibility for your own continuous professional development, including attending training events and conferences as appropriate
- Carry out all duties with due regard to the organisation?s policies and procedures, and to ensure that statutory requirements are complied with
- Undertake other such duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the post, as may be reasonably required within the overall aims of charity.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- DBS Checked
- Finance, operational and commercially astute with at least 3 years post qualification experience relevant to the post
- Strong analytical skills and accounting skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Adept at managing multiple/changing priorities at any one time, to work well under pressure and meet varying deadlines
- To establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organisation
- To be able to support colleagues and work as a positive team member
- Flexible, reliable and a ?can do? attitude
- Hold entry level accountancy qualification
- Experience of managing people
- Competent in IT packages and applications including Microsoft Office and SAGE
This is an immediately available position for 6 months.
The salary is £23400 Pro Rata
Part time; 30 Hours per week ? negotiable with the right candidate) A degree of flexibility is required in terms of working hours to meet the business needs of the organisation.
Travel may be required to any premises from which our client operates. Also to other locations as required by the role.
Cushillo Personnel Ltd is an online recruitment company, providing recruitment solutions to the Finance, Commercial, Manufacturing & Engineering sectors throughout the Black Country, Shropshire & Staffordshire regions. Cushillo Personnel is an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959352839