My client is a rapidly growing IT provider based in Shropshire.
They are well established within their specialist field, as a result of expansion they now have an immediate requirement for a Financial Controller to join the team on a permanent full time basis.
This role reports into the Finance Director and is varied and challenging and you will be expected to act as Number 2.
You will represent the Finance Director at Senior Management Meetings and you will be responsible for leading on a number of business critical projects, including improving the monthly management information and updating the finance systems.
- Production of monthly management accounts, analysis and reporting to the board.
- Working with the Finance Director to improve and expedite the month end process and board reports so they are more concise, insightful and add value
- Monthly forecasting, annual budgeting and longer term planning
- Playing a key role in updating the IT system
- Consolidation of subsidiaries
- Preparation for the annual audit
- Assistance with balance sheet reconciliations and management accounts production
- Preparation of the statutory accounts and assisting with the glossy accounts, alongside the Finance Director
- Preparation and analysis of corporate tax computations including R&D claims
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Development and centralisation of processes and internal controls
- Delivery of new revenue recognitions policy in light of IFRS15
To be considered for this role I am looking for candidates with the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant - preferably ACA
- Experience in production of monthly reports, KPI's and analysis
- Ability to prepare for the annual audit and preparation of statutory accounts
- Understanding of new IFRS standards and implications
- Experience of direct and indirect tax desirable but not essential
- Proactive self starter with the ability to manage your own workload within time constraints and without compromising on minimum standards of quality
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Confident manner and good interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player, able to build relationships across the business.
IF you would like to be considered for this role please contact Lynsey Rattigan at Butler Rose Birmingham
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959333880