Lecturer in IT
Lecturer in IT - Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are pleased to be supporting this Ipswich based centre who specialise in further education with the search for a Lecturer in IT.
As a Lecturer in IT you will be responsible for providing a good standard of teaching and tutorial support to both full-time and part-time students, in addition to working as a team member with colleagues in the School of Creative Arts, Digital Industries and Foundation Learning.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Review and develop resources to facilitate effective and innovative learning, teaching and assessment.
- Teach and embed relevant literacy and numeracy aspects within vocational sessions as required.
- Contribute to the development of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to enhance learning, as required, including the development of independent study skills.
- Participate in curriculum development and planning.
- To carry out periodic evaluation and monitoring of the quality of provision in line with the quality assurance calendar.
- To contribute to the promotion of courses within the centre through involvement in programme guidance sessions, open events and taster days.
- To take responsibility for administrative duties as delegated through the Programme Leader.
- To plan, facilitate and supervise external activities and trips, including contributing to the planning of work experience
- To act as a Personal Tutor as required, including regular parent/guardian liaison as appropriate.
- To undertake research and consultancy in line with College policies.
- To liaise within the School and cross-College on cooperative curriculum projects.
- To maintain and develop professional and educational links regionally, nationally and international.
Skills and attributes required:
- Good standard of education including Literacy and Numeracy to Level 2 or a commitment to work towards attaining them.
- A degree in a relevant subject, an equivalent level qualification, or relevant industry experience.
- A teaching qualification or commitment to obtaining one within a specified period after commencement.
- The ability to teach, depending on experience and qualifications, to a wide range of learners, but specifically the 14+ age group at all levels, and a commitment to being creative and innovative.
- Proven expertise of a range of teaching and learning strategies.
- Knowledge of Office Suite software.
- An understanding of Further Education performance targets including attendance, retention, achievement and success.
- A flexible approach to working patterns
- Excellent communication skills with a range of people including young people, managers and team members
Desirable skills required:
- A teacher training qualification i.e. PGCE, Cert Ed, Bed.
- Relevant professional IT qualifications e.g. CISCO CCNA, MCSE
- Experience of teaching IT up to Level 3 (or equivalent).
- Knowledge/experience of BTEC programmes.
- IT related industrial experience, particularly in the areas of networking and security.
You will also be self-motivated and effective in personal time management and organisational skills in line with the duties within the role. You must be passionate about delivering positive learning for students and a positive experience for employers.
PLEASE NOTE - Due to the nature of this role, a driving licence or other method of transport is essential in order to travel to candidates' workplaces. Appointments will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Based at the Ipswich campus, this role offers a salary of £23,433 to £35,457 per annum pro rata. Hours are variable 35 hours per week (23 hours teaching and 12 hours preparation and other duties). Weekly teaching hours may be increased up to 26 hours per week in order to meet the needs of the business, for example, to facilitate front loading or for providing cover for staff absence.
Based at the Ipswich campus, this role offers a salary of £23,433 to £35,457. You will also be entitled to a generous pension scheme and 50 days per annum (including bank holidays and Christmas closure) pro rata.
If you are have the skills required we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: education, lecturer, IT
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any oth
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959362386