Marine Engines & Generators Design Engineer
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Wimborne with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a Marine Engines & Generators Design Engineer to join their team, offering a salary of up to £45,000 per annum (depending on experience), plus excellent benefits.
As a Design Engineer you will have an opportunity to direct and participate in the design and development of new product concepts and complex engineering projects that deliver superior performance, durability, and quality. You will be responsible for developing new marine engine and generator set products, as well as the engineering maintenance of existing products.
Marine and technical training opportunities are available. Continual on-the-job learning includes exposure to the marine industry, broadening your personal network, and attendance at marine trade shows.
Key Responsibilities of the Marine Engines & Generators Design Engineer
- Conceives and provides practical product designs using sophisticated technical principles
- Prepares concept, design, and feasibility studies for complex engineering projects
- Collaboratively prepares development plans in a team environment, and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates
- Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products
- Consults on computer aided simulation activities and applies results to improve design concepts
- Collaborates with other engineers responsible for portions of the project to ensure development schedules are met
- Works side-by-side with build and test engineers to identify and resolve issues on new product designs
- Draws on technical expertise and product knowledge to drive issue resolution when interfacing with test engineers, service and manufacturing personnel, suppliers and consultants
- Travels to foreign and domestic plants or to field-test locations to evaluate a product improvement
Qualifications and Experience required for the Marine Engines & Generators Design Engineer Required:
- BSc in Engineering, Computer, Science, or Materials Science with job relevant experience or equivalent experience in a Design Engineer role showing complex engineering and manufacturability concepts
- Significant previous experience in a Design Engineering role
- High level of proficiency in Pro/E or other modelling or simulation tools
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude and strong problem solving and management techniques
- Requires good written and verbal communications skills
- Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science
- Experienced with principles of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing
- Basic knowledge of computer aided simulation methods, such as FEA, CFD, and modal analysis
- Experience of designing Diesel Engines and/or Generators
- Marine industry background
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959359584