Branch Manager - Aftermarket Vehicle Parts
Commercial Vehicle Aftermarket
A leading distributor of Commercial Vehicle Parts in the Truck, Bus and Coach Aftermarket sector, seeking an experienced Parts Sales advisor in the Carlisle area.
Ideally you will come from a Commercial Vehicle Parts Sales background and possess a good knowledge of Manufacturer's Electronic Parts Catalogues. You will need parts sales, proven branch management skills and great customer service experience. You will be highly motivated and driven to succeed for yourself and for others.
Commutable from: Carlisle, Workington, Dumfries, Penrith.
Responsible for the day to day sales and operational management of the branch. Adhering to and enforcing company policies and procedures to ensure a professionally managed branch delivering the required sales, margin & contribution levels and achieving pre agreed KPI targets and objectives. To assign and direct all work performed in the branch and supervise all areas of sales and operation ensuring all staff meet set targets.
- Proven knowledge of commercial truck and trailer parts.
- Proven branch management experience with a preferred sales background
- Ability to communicate at all levels (both oral and written)
- Good telephone manner.
- Sales, planning and forecasting ability with excellent organisational skills.
- Proven strong leadership skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to meet sales targets, operational goals working to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of health and safety.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Self-Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Act with Integrity
- Able to motivate employees.
- U.K. driving licence
- This position may require overnight stays on occasion
- Have full operational control of a branch, managing and motivating staff, recruitment, training & development of branch staff in conjunction with all company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance, inductions etc.)
- Ensure that the branch operates within all existing guidelines, company policies, procedures and processes (working hours'/staff coverage etc.)
- Responsible for branch achieving sales, margin & contribution targets on a monthly basis working closely with the sales team.
- Ensure the branch both meets and exceeds all existing head office and local customer service level agreements (SLA's) and agreed KPI's ensuring targets are achieved.
- Ensuring that stock targets are achieved and stock cleanses and transfers are actioned quickly and effectively and all incoming stock loads are checked and put away correctly.
- Responsible for the day to day financial aspects of the branch including profit and loss.
- Implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets to be achieved.
- Promotes sales and delivery targets, including over counter sales.
- Ensure, through the Assistant Branch Manager that store-person/drivers work efficiently and to agreed targets and are responsible for full utilisation of drivers during periods of delivery inactivity.
- Ensures all company vehicles meet the requirements of the Road Traffic Act and company requirements ensuring daily checks are completed and actioned.
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Identify training and development needs within the branch, through regular consultation with staff and human resources.
The Way Forward:
Should you wish to be considered for the above role of Commercial Vehicle Branch Manager please apply via forwarding your CV in the first instance to Jenny Harris, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
JOB REF 2687 GH-JH
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions ************************************) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959357175