Design Engineer (Trailers)
Design Engineer (Trailers) ? Altrincham ? £26k - £45k + Benefits
S Cartwright & Sons (Coachbuilders) Limited are a well-established coachbuilder/vehicle manufacturer supplier to International and UK markets. The company has a stronghold in their market with a full order book. With a full order book we are now seeking Design Engineers with trailer or commercial vehicle design experience to complement our existing team.
The role is varied and involves working with purchasing, subcontractors and production departments to deliver high-quality engineered products to all the major players in their respective global industries.
- Ensure that all products are designed to be fit-for-purpose in accordance with customer requirements, company practice and recognized engineering standards.
- Continuously strive to improve product design methods and procedures to ensure customers choose our products ahead of those offered by our competitors.
- Support and participate in company-wide improvement initiatives.
- Other appropriate activities as defined by the Engineering Manager, Customer group or business group management.
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies and prevailing business regulations
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through your interface with them
- The successful delivery of all design projects allocated to you
- Supporting sales in the process of winning work
- Good working knowledge of Solidworks (FEA functions desirable but not essential) or AutoCAD and will have particular experience in the design of metal frames, chassis or other steel fabrications.
- A strong engineering background is essential; prior knowledge of the commercial vehicle industry would be desirable but not essential.
- Additional skills of special interest include 24v electrical systems and pneumatic or hydraulic controls.
- The required individual will have experience of working within a fast paced environment,
- Degree-standard in an engineering discipline
- And have proven and successful experience of managing design projects of different types.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- £26k - £45k basic salary dependent on experience
- Extra benefits
Trailer, commercial bodybuilding, automotive, CAD, manufacturing, design engineer, homologation engineer, design manager, CATIA, solidworks, design, AutoCAD, chassis, communication, leadership.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959360478