Optical Engineer - Zemax
Are you a motivated optical engineer, keen to apply your passion into the world of high-tech manufacturing? We are looking for an optical physicist to join the research and development group at our global manufacturing plant in London.
You would be responsible for the development of new prototype optical systems, conducting research in potential new technologies as well as providing support for current production systems.
- A good degree in physics with further experience in the form of a PhD or industrial research in the field of optics or optical design.
- A track record of successfully undertaking research projects either in industry and/or academia (e.g. postgraduate / PhD level).
- Aptitude towards hands on work to assist with prototype builds and to ensure that designs are fit for purpose.
- Experience in methodical problem solving, both theoretically and empirically.
- Expert user of Zemax or similar
- Expert user of Matlab or similar
- Experience in optical design for lighting and imaging systems.
About your role:
Working as part of a multidisciplinary R&D team including computer vision, electronics, software and mechanical engineers, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering novel prototype optical systems.
- Conduct research into new potential technologies.
- Writing prototype software to provide analysis tools.
- Using optical analysis tools to design new optical components.
- Providing support and advice to internal customers and departments.
We offer a good range of benefits including pension scheme and flexible working, as well as the opportunity to work on some pretty exciting projects with great colleagues.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV to Kasia Krotki at Proactive Technology. If you are not sure, but would love to know more - please call me on ************
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959342057