Research Engineer - Vehicle Telecoms 34229 - up to £2540 Ltd
The Research department develops new technologies and features for vehicles up to Concept Ready, thoroughly developing concepts and proving them out before handing over to mainstream engineering functions for productionisation.
The Research department uses a robust technology delivery system, called Technology Creation Development System' (TCDS). This is applied to most programme technology delivery projects. Another framework, called 'Milestone', is used for projects such as University Research, Blue Sky Research and feasibility including proof of technical concept studies.
There now exists an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic Engineer within the Future Electrical Vehicle Architectures team. This team is focused on the development of a new and flexible electrical architecture concept that will enable the Autonomous, Connected and Electrified vehicle features of the future.
The engineer will be responsible for running a number of projects themselves under the guidance of the Research Leads. The outputs of the projects could range from bench top demonstrations, to full proof of concepts within a vehicle as appropriate and showcasing these to the Seniors in the company as required. Alongside this a high level of engineering capability will be required to ensure the concepts are well defined and realisable when taken forward to production. Project covers all stages of technology product development, with a specific focus on future vehicle architectures: Customer and system level requirements gathering, Competitor benchmarking and literature review, Data collection and analysis, Software and hardware (electronics) development to test and prove out concepts, Validation and trials.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Electronics/Mechatronics/Robotics, Telecoms or similar.
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas CybersecurityTelecomms
- 4G/5G technologies Cloud comms/telematics/V2X Functional Safety Vehicle Networks / Ethernet technologies / Networks tolopogies
- Programming experience (Python/C++/C#/Java/Matlab)
- Have a proven track record of delivering complex projects to agreed timings, the ability to lead to resolution the key strategic and technical issues within a team environment and be able to work with minimal supervision to drive forward all projects within the team.
- Working with and managing external companies/institutions to leverage the best technologies and knowledge.
- Proactively identifying and progressing future collaboration and project opportunities
- Experience of Systems Engineering and Failure Mode Avoidance techniques.
- Have worked within a research/advanced engineering environment.
- Delivered work on a research project (either academically, or within industry).
- Knowledge of the TCDS process and deliverables.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959360049