Location: Hammersmith, London
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction & Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Section Engineer to work in our Major Projects team within the Thames Tideway Framework.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated professionals. Working with our Infrastructure business, experience within large Infrastructure schemes is essential.
As a section engineer you will ensure that above and below ground level a project is undertaken in accordance with the customer?s requirements for level and dimension.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Section Engineer you will:
- Understand and interpret the drawings and specifications
- Provide engineering expertise and support to the project team
- Produce risk assessments and method statements for safe execution of the works
- Ensure work is executed in a safe manner meeting legal guidelines set out in health safety and requirements and environmental compliance
- Organise and supervise resources necessary to meet the contract programme
- Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied
Already experienced as a section engineer you will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/HNC/BEng or equivalent) and a good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering. You will have a hands on approach to the commercial and planning aspects of the project and you will have civil engineering and construction experience.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ?Two Ticks? accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959349966