Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer
Our client provides an award winning engineering consultancy and specialist contracting services to the infrastructure, environmental and construction sectors. With offices nationwide, they are able to provide clients with a bespoke solution, tailored specifically to their individual requirements, no matter how technically complex or challenging. Expanding in the public and private sector through organic growth, our client offers a friendly work environment, development opportunities and a superior retention rate.
As a result of continued and sustained growth, we are looking to recruit a Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer to work at our clients offices in Birmingham. This is a ?hands-on? role requiring technical input to the design of civil infrastructure projects. The successful individual will have the opportunity to form and lead a team.
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking scheme development
- Preliminary and detailed designs and project coordination
- You will also be tasked with budgetary control of project finances
- Preparing fee proposals
- Line management and upholding quality and accuracy of deliverables
- Working in a design office environment, you will play an active role in design and site meetings, site inspections and progress reporting.
Role / Person Specifications:
- Minimum 8 years? industry experience
- BEng or similar technical qualification / experience
- HNC / HND qualified
- Relevant knowledge from within a design office environment
- A strong understanding of Section 104, 278 and 38 adoption procedures
- Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD / WinDES and PDS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with developers would be beneficial
- Knowledge of UK planning procedures and experience of providing technical support to secure planning approval desirable
- Experience of securing technical approvals from highway / drainage authorities
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills and an aptitude for work winning
This challenging and exciting opportunity offers an attractive basic salary (permanent) plus benefits package to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the company?s commitment to future growth. In return for commitment, inspiration and contributing to the future of our client, they offer excellent career prospects in a supportive working environment with no restrictions on how far you can progress.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959341745