BI Database Developer T-SQL, SQL, SSIS, SSRS
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DATABASE DEVELOPER / SQL DEVELOPER (SQL SERVER, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS)
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a well established and well known organisation, for an experienced SQL Server / Business Intelligence / Database Developer. If you're looking for a challenging role AND a fantastic work/life balance, this could be for you!
To assist in the development and maintenance of the client's data warehouse. To understand business requirements and deliver technical solutions that meet the needs of the business. To identify, validate and present data sets that enable the production of business insight, following best practice and making recommendations for future developments.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- SQL Server / T-SQL
- Demonstrable experience in the use of Structured Query Language including T-SQL ? write SQL statements without using GUI.
- Proven / strong skills in T-SQL scripting.
- Designing solutions in MS SQL Server, SSIS and SSRS.
- Good understanding of database modelling, design and architecture and security.
- Designing and implementing solutions in SQL Server including Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Troubleshooting / Support, and development of new solutions.
- Visual Studio development.
- Experience developing ETL processes (SSIS, REST API).
- Ability to investigate and master new data sets quickly and easily.
- A keen and enthusiastic attitude with a commitment towards continual learning and development.
- Database Administration skills (although we're not looking for a DBA)
- Oracle skills / experience highly advantageous
- Microsoft Certified professional.
- Power BI Administration.
- Writing or Supporting Business Objects reports.
- Knowledge of ISO27000.
- Ability to manipulate data and produce detailed business intelligence.
- Querying and importing data from My SQL databases.
- Statistical tools such as R Studio or SPSS.
- Querying and importing data from Oracle databases (Oracle would be extremely advantageous)
- C# Scripts in SSIS.
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Review legacy BusinessObjects reports and provide automated, simplified and user friendly solutions from the data warehouse (SQL Server 2014)
- Design and implement best practice, flexible data models to be used in a range of applications including PowerBI, SSRS and SSAS
- Design and implement tabular and/or multidimensional SSAS models
- Identify data integrity issues and implement appropriate solutions to prevent impact on loading procedures
- Create and maintain reliable automated processes (ETL) to import and manipulate data from a variety of source applications and publicly data sources (e.g. ONS)
- Support the design and planning of Business Intelligence solutions
- Change delivery including impact analysis of proposed changes
- Provide and deliver against accurate delivery estimates for implementation of new solutions and fixes to existing solutions
- Produce comprehensive technical documentation for all solutions implemented
- Provide a first class support service to meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Adhere to and contribute to the development to FCHO Business Intelligence and ICT policies, procedures and processes
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the purpose of the post as required by the Organisation.
Oldham (central) OL1 - great transport links
SALARY / BENEFITS:
- Salary depending on skills/experience
- 37 hour working week with flexible working hours / flexi time to work around family/hobbies
- Home working for some of the week
- Healthcare plan
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid 2 days voluntary work for anyone who wants to volunteer in the community
- Childcare vouchers
- A fantastic, nurturing and all inclusive environment where people are truly valued
- New, modern office space with great facilities (cafe, coffee bar, break out/chill out areas)
- WORK / LIFE BALANCE
START DATE: ASAP! But we will wait for someone who has a notice period.
DURATION: This is a permanent position
This is a great opportunity - don't miss out! To apply please send your CV in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959351716