Multi Skilled, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer roles, Dunstable, up to £40hour (doe)
We are currently looking for Multi-skilled, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (Days and Night Shift roles are available) for UK's leading flatbreads experts. They are looking to hire talented and experienced Engineers who can start immediately.
With their experience as third generation flatbread bakers, our client has grown from a small family business to a global leader in flatbread production, with state-of-the-art bakeries in the UK and India. They are looking for team players who are motivated and able to work in a busy and challenging working environment.
- You will need to be self-motivated, keen to accept different tasks, and have a 'can-do' attitude as a core skill. You will also need to able to work alone and as part of a team. Experience in a maintenance company or a bakery is essential.
- The job includes planned maintenance, fault-finding and breakdown repairs, installation and modification to plant and services to attain World Class performance from the assets. The role holder will be involved in liaising with different departments as needed while complying and assisting in the creation of high standards and procedures.
- Carrying out PPMs and working on electrical and mechanical systems, you will also be working on building services.
- Ensure all engineering work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice, Health and Safety Legislation and current Company Standards.
- To work across mechanical and electrical trades as qualified and authorised.
- Fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of process equipment, bakery manufacturing plant, packaging equipment and site services.
- Planned maintenance, modifications, installations and upgrades to plant machinery and site services.
- Project work, including the installation and commissioning of machines and equipment within authorised skill level.
- Positively influence the change management process, driving engineering culture to high standard performance.
- To improve production processes and plant design to minimise downtime and improve safety and quality performance.
- Ensure an in depth-handovers provided to oncoming shift, to incl. engineering, manufacturing or stores issues.
- To be prepared to work overtime when required, especially during breakdowns.
The Ideal Candidate:
You will be multi-skilled with Level 8 NVQ in both Electrical and Mechanical disciplines or be working towards them. You will have experience with process and packaging equipment and be familiar with variable speed drives, control systems and lighting. Mechanically, you will be comfortable working on Flour Silos, Compressors, Chillers, packaging machinery, transmission systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and pumps.
Salary Details: Competitive salary up to £40p/h depending on experience + Overtime rate paid at 125% + Generous loyalty bonus scheme, Childcare voucher scheme, Service based holiday entitlement scheme, Pension scheme
Working patterns: Our client is operating 24/7. 48 hours per week working 5 days. 48 hours per week working 4 nights. Only night or only days, no shift rotation. This could include weekends.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: Engineering, Shift Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Senior Engineer, Food Manufacturing Engineer, MultiSkilled, Multi Skilled, Supervisor, Technician, Luton, Dunstable, Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959346692