Backend Developer / Ruby on Rails Developer
Backend Developer / Ruby on Rails Developer ? based in London (EC1)
Paying up to £65,000 per annum + fantastic benefits listed below including Unlimited Holiday
This revolutionising established start-up who provide a real-time platform are on the lookout for a talented Software Engineer to join their vibrant, dynamic and collaborative team based in their amazing offices in London. You will be part of a small, cohesive team responsible for delivering the core functionality of their real-time platform experience. The role is primarily backend but in such a dynamic environment you will have the opportunity to participate in all stages and layers of the application.
What?s the Engineering culture like?
They are a close-knit bunch of technologists who are passionate about changing the way the company delivers its services to customers. They pride themselves in using the appropriate technology for the job, leading to a tech stack that includes primarily Ruby on Rails and Angular but also Swift, .NET, Go and AWS, with a continuous deployment infrastructure and a focus on automated testing. They will also be testing Clojure and/or Elixir in the coming months for new microservices.
Their diverse team allows them to bring different perspectives to the technical and business challenges they face, enabling them to constantly improve their platform and product offering.
But?they also know how to blow off steam with regular socials, ping-pong tournaments, game nights and beer pong!
What you will be doing (most of the time)?
Work collaboratively with developers, product and other stakeholders to deliver simple, high quality solutions to customer?s problems, while helping each other to develop. This includes:
- Participate in requirements gathering and design/architecture discussions
- Build new features and extend existing ones (Ruby on Rails, MySQL, AWS, etc)
- Review code and provide constructive feedback for other developers
- Help to shape processes and practices through regular retrospectives
- Continuously improve your skill set by taking on new challenges and setting personal goals
You should know (or be willing to learn)
- Software engineering principles and how/when to best apply them
- Ruby on Rails and surrounding ecosystem
- Web application development best practices
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Agile practices including TDD and pair programming
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
What?s in it for you?
- This company is disrupting an entire industry's business model, and you?ll be part of defining the future of the platform. You will be in a position to drive change and have a substantial impact.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Support in attending relevant meetups and conferences.
- Personal project time to learn a new language or build something you?re passionate about from scratch and share with the rest of the team.
- Company social events, away days, and drinks every Friday in the office bar!
- Be part of a close knit, supportive and collaborative engineering team.
- The company is committed to creating a working environment where anyone and everyone can succeed. They believe in the continuous growth of their employees and provide the necessary support to ensure each person is able to do their job to the best of their abilities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959354563