TEST ENGINEERING & CERTIFICATION MANAGER
TEST ENGINEERING & CERTIFICATION MANAGER
?Fantastic career development and leadership opportunity for Test Engineering & Certification specialist with best in class experience gained in mechanical and electrical test engineering to UK and International Industry Standards?
Salary: c£40000 + Excellent Large Company Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stone, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wednesbury, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Telford, Shrewsbury, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Coventry, Warwick, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Stockport, Crewe
Our client is a well-established and respected manufacturer of fixtures, fittings and components both mechanical and electronic in the home and building infrastructure products sector. Highly acquisitive and experiencing excellent growth, the company is based in a brand-new office, distribution centre and test centre complex in the West Midlands close to the M6/M54 but has operational facilities and subsidiaries nationally and globally.
As a result of growth, they are now seeking to strengthen their Test Centre team with the appointment of a number of key positions including Test Engineering & Certification Manager. Our client offers testing and certification services both on an in-house basis to group companies and also to other manufacturers for mechanical, electrical and electronic components and products, in line with industry and national and international standards and certifications.
Testing equipment is pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical/electronic and could cover tensile testing as well as a wide range of other tests.
As the Testing & Certification Manager, you will manage our client?s brand-new Test Engineering Centre testing operations, ensuring that internal and external customer needs are met, providing an exemplary service, managing product certification scheme to ensure continuity of compliance and maximum value from product certifications.
- Promote and maintain compliance with best practice for safety, health and environmental factors associated with testing operations.
- Develop & maintain the necessary systems and competencies within the testing team to manage daily operations, testing scheduling, and quote and report generation
- Promote and maintain professional standards of service.
- Manage the testing capacity to suitably cater for customer indicative, UKAS accredited, competitor analysis, development and audit test requirements.
- Maintain a test booking service with transparent lead times.
- Preparation of audit test samples for our client?s certified product testing.
- Maintenance of UKAS accredited management system, manuals, procedures and accreditation requirements.
- Identification and implementation of testing service improvements
- Promotion of our client?s testing services within the industry to maximise value.
- Development and maintenance of our client?s product certifications including CE marking, Kitemark and Certifire product schemes, and product specific testing evidence.
- Monitor and evaluate developments within industry testing and product standards, identifying threats and opportunities and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Represent our client?s testing services at the Test House Studies Group.
- Manage and develop the Test Engineers and Team Leader to ensure flexibility of service.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Mechanical Engineering professional educated to HNC/HND or Degree level
- Experience of Electrical/Electronic Engineering highly advantageous
- Currently working within a similar specialist testing team or alternatively as part of a quality or product development function within a manufacturing environment but keen to develop career further into testing and certification.
- Experienced leading and motivating a team of engineers including apprentice engineers.
- Experience of BSI standards essential.
- Customer facing experience essential ? this could be external customers or internal customers within different product or manufacturing divisions of the same organisation.
- Experience of creating and presenting reports.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary plus pension, 25 days holiday and the option to choose from a wide variety of other benefits offered by our client.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959342807