Process Engineer - Aerospace
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and we currently have some exciting positions based at our Leighton Buzzard facility, including a Process Engineer.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Process Engineer is required to support the manufacturing activities with the emphasis on; lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, error \ accident prevention, legislation, regulation adherence and the reduction of variation and waste in all areas of the function in order to meet customer requirements and stakeholder needs
Key responsibilities include ?
- Ensure processes are developed to produce product that meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Ensure all processes meet volume, quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Ensure the design of production processes and facility layouts to optimise ?Value Added? activities and eliminate ?Non Value Added? processes and operations.
- Ensure equipment suppliers and ?Turnkey Vendors? provide all contractual deliverables on time and to budget.
- Ensure jigs, fixtures, tooling and programming are available to support all production requirements.
- Provide accurate reporting, detailing progress to plan, open issues, upcoming actions and risk management.
- Provide technical support to all manufacturing areas to eliminate waste, reduce NVA, deliver productivity and prevent accidents.
- Identification, specification and presentation of business cases for new equipment and processes.
- Implementation, education and support of the standard work, 5s, SMED, TPM production approach and other lean tools and initiatives in-line with the companies CI strategy.
- Support the implementation of training procedures and training programs to ensure effective use of all new processes and equipment.
The Ideal candidate will have the following ?
- BTEC Diploma or Higher
- Continuous Improvement and 5S Mindset.
- Competence in lean manufacturing processes, systems and associated tools.
- Ability to question, challenge and make decisions based on data and facts
- Practical problem solving methodologies.
- Able to read, understand and interpret engineering information.
- Effective communicator at all levels both verbal and written.
- IT literate ? Effective use of Microsoft Office software; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access.
- Knowledge of six sigma, ideally a yellow belt holder would be an advantage
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959357507