Job ID: R-57842
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Aviva for a Property and Liability Trading Underwriter who will be aligned to our North regional Trading Team based in Leeds.
As a Trading Underwriter, you will be responsible for underwriting profitable business within a specific area, operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels. You will be aligned to a portfolio of customers/brokers and will proactively develop commercial business through new business and renewals.
You will operate from the most appropriate location to meet business needs in line with customer demand (i.e. branch, home, broker location or a combination).
You will act as a role model within the team providing coaching and mentoring to less experienced colleagues and the wider region to improve capability.
You will work closely with a team of underwriters and Sales & Distribution Managers to forge strong external relationships with a panel of brokers. These present unique and exciting challenges in an ever changing market so agility, confidence and self-awareness will be just a few of the attributes required.
- Understands how individual case decision making influences the overall team result, and uses this to trade a portfolio of cases where appropriate.
- Knows the core principles of insurance, uses knowledge of Aviva products to differentiate between products types and can explain the benefits of cover for customers.
- Understands the benefits of risk management and utilises this in day to day case handling.
- Drives own development to enhance individual and team performance.
- Sound product knowledge and market awareness.
- Maintains visibility in the marketplace.
- Plans and handles own workflow to meet demand.
- Can work independently, within underwriting authority.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959352211