Application Support Manager
Our client, a renowned Asset Management company is seeking to hire a Front Office Application Support Manager to join a dynamic Global Production Services team based in London.
This is a front office, business facing role delivering comprehensive technology support services to the UK based investment management business functions across asset classes.
This is a ?hands on? role where you will be responsible for managing and developing the first line support teams, providing service delivery to the trading, fund management and research functions in the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building capabilities and confidence in the team to manage support issues and requests, anticipate future support requirements in an ever-evolving business environment, and work closely with your counterparts globally to deliver services in line with the global operating model.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining effective and engaging relationships with key business and technology stakeholders
- Managing the team?s core day to day responsibilities, including incident triage and resolution, problem management, service reporting and supplier management
- Providing truly follow-the-sun support, maintaining strong collaboration between regional teams
- Owning issues through to resolution by regularly updating impacted business users on status of resolution, impact analysis, and engaging internal support teams & 3rd party vendors
- Developing talent, skills and knowledge within the team to enable them to better partner with the front office trading business in order to offer a premium application support service
- Establishing and continuously improving processes to ensure efficiency and operational stability for the business
- Establishing, monitoring, and ensuring adherence to SLAs/OLAs as agreed with business groups
- Estimating, planning, and completing small support oriented projects on-time and on-budget
- Business continuity planning, documentation, and validation
Our client is looking for the following experience:
- Financial domain (investment banking / wealth management) experience
- Experience working with multi-cultural and geographically disparate teams
- Experience of ITIL service delivery, preferably with a formal ITIL qualification
- Experience managing support teams within the front office environment
- Knowledge of trading investment management process, equity and fixed income instruments and how they are traded
- Experience supporting order management systems, electronic trading and matching venues.
- Knowledge of research systems is desirable
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple technology teams to manage a crisis to resolution
- Able to clearly communicate to application users and senior technology and business management
- Ability to respond to critical requests, issues and major incidents impacting business users calmly and efficiently
- Demonstrable ability to build effective relationships with diverse stakeholders and colleagues globally
- Ability to analyse complex problems in a structured manner whilst working under pressure
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential or sensitive information
- Familiar with DevOps and agile delivery processes
Given the nature of this role you will need to possess strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, manage multiple concurrent/conflicting priorities and escalate if necessary. You will need to possess excellent presentation, negotiation and communications skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a blue chip organisation where your success will be well rewarded in terms of career progression and remuneration. Please send your CV in strictest confidence to Helen Chilton, *********************************.
Please note, only apply if you have the required experience, are based in the UK and have a valid UK work visa.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959339847