Principle Embedded Software Engineer, Newport
My client is looking for a technical lead Embedded Firmware Design Engineer to work with a small team using diverse technologies to research, design, develop and support electronic connected products.
- Embedded OS and bare metal software development.
- Electronics hardware development.
- Application development on Windows platform using C++ or C#.
- Distributed processing systems over Internet Protocol / IP ideally using Internet of Things / IoT.
- Strong understanding of communications protocols (TCP/IP, I2C, MODBUS, SDI12 etc.)
- Technical lead of new product development and maintenance project teams.
- Design of software for safety critical control and automation related systems.
- Oversee the development of product software and firmware.
- Manage the delivery and maintenance of embedded firmware for all products.
- Delivery and maintenance of PC and web application software for new products.
- Lead software architect for new developments, defining the software structure, development tools, and testing strategy.
- Mentor software development team as required and contribute to staff performance reviews.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on all Software elements for a challenging connected Electronic Devices.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959344067