Forge Supervisor/Metals (Heavy Engineering) - DAYS ONLY
REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading Engineering & Manufacturing company with a global client base.
Forge Supervisor/Metals Manufacturing - DAYS ONLY
Supervise the Forge/Manufacturing areas to attain planned standards of Health & Safety, Quality, on time performance, inventory control, OEE and cost. Interact with maintenance, H&S and technical department in relation to plant availability, safety concerns, quality deviations (IDN's/PSR's raised) and process improvements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Safety, health and environmental compliance for the department including SWP creation, Risk Assessment, audit compliance, corrective and preventative action, accident investigation and prevention.
* Use production schedules, scorecards, improvement plans and daily/visual management techniques as required.
* Apply formalised 5s/hazard reduction processes daily and rigorously.
* Requisitioning/maintenance of key supplies & equipment, managing supplier relationships.
* Support Department Manager to deliver a clear vision for the department, aligned to the Companies Corporate & local initiatives, to achieve enhanced productivity and efficiencies in line with forecast deliverables.
* Develop, lead and deliver management initiatives to drive efficiencies within manufacturing and stock management processes and procedures.
* Plan and manage asset and resource usage to ensure a co-ordinated manufacturing operation to meet service commitments.
* Coordinate the management and development of cross functional relationships to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of customer and business orders. This includes planning, transport and logistics, hardware/ equipment/ technical maintenance providers, Engineering, Quality and Maintenance
* Fully accountable for Leading, motivating, coaching and developing individual team members with implementation of a strong succession plan through documented One to Ones, appraisals and personal training and development plans ensuring appropriate matrices are updated.
* Responsible for ensuring all day to day people related tasks are fully documented and being carried on time and effectively e.g. One to Ones, Return to work interviews etc
* Responsible for managing first line Employee Relations within the team in a timely and accurate manner including any disciplinary and grievance hearings.
* Responsible for ensuring all documentation is processed in a timely manner with the relevant departments including any payroll changes and departmental changes to ensure budget accuracy.
* Accountable for control of holiday requests within own team ensuring that holidays are in line with plans and that production risk is minimised because of agreed absences
* Management of 5s for the area
* Involvement in the recruitment process following all Company standards.
Skills Experience and Qualification
* Ideally have a ONC/HNC in a relevant technical discipline
* Process Management experience preferred - eg six sigma / equivalent
* Ideally have proficiency in technical practices including an understanding of Forging and Heat Treatment process and principles although NOT essential.
* Good standard of numeracy and literacy
* Microsoft Office - Intermediate to Advanced level
* General management business acumen, including management experience within a high performing leading world class manufacturing environment. Cost management, P&L Management, Manpower planning, Capacity planning, Materials control
Qualities & Attributes
* Ability to lead a team and share knowledge, business strategy and vision
* Ability to manage across functions, influencing others to drive departmental business plan deliverables
* Ability to participate in improvement activities
* Demonstrates personal discipline to apply the requirements and accepted standards
* Demonstrates a proactive and motivated attitude clear drive to achieve results
* Ability to drive communication at all levels
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959334507