Product Quality Assurance Apprentice
We?re TalkTalk, a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Our job is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. We believe every customer matters, so we offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
We?ve created a working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You?ll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for our customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far. It won?t always be easy, but it?s always exciting and it promises great opportunities for you, and our business, especially if you?re ready to stand for something.
We're looking for a Product Quality Assurance Apprentice who will learn how to ensure that all consumer facing aspects of our network/software are fully tested and understood, before being released to our customers. You'll have a real impact in this role because you'll be helping to identify issues and bugs so you'll be helping to improve things for our customers as well as controlling cost for our business.
You will gain an apprenticeship, which combines high-quality classroom training with practical, hands-on work experience, to develop your real-world skills using the most popular IT technologies.
Main role/ responsibilities
- Interpret Technical and Business Objectives and Challenges
- Research and Analyse Product Features Being Tested
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create manual and code automated tests using Java / Selenium
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Document Test Cases
- Perform Manual and Automated Testing
- Identify, Isolate and Track Bugs Throughout Testing of software and or firmware
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Perform performance testing
- Perform Interoperability testing, where the engineers work with different devices types of different operating systems.
- Record Test Progress and Results
- Identify Potential Problems Users May Encounter
- Be exposed to and create an Understanding of QA Testing Environments
- Develop an Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
Qualities/ essential requirements
- Interested candidates would ideally have a Level 3 Software & Web Development Apprenticeship and be eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level
- Alternatively, we'd be interested in speaking with candidates with A Level Computer Science (Grade C and above)
- Methodical and organised work approach with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- We look for people who don?t just take things at face value and who like to look for new and better ways to do things
- Drive and ambition and confidence to tackle complex tasks or challenges
Interested candidates would ideally have a Level 3 Software & Web Development Apprenticeship and be eager to take their technology knowledge to the next level
We?d be interested in speaking with candidates with A Level Computer Science (Grade C and above)
Daily working days/ hours
Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm, 37.5 hours per week
- The Apprentice will get a salary review at the end of their Apprenticeship
- Salary reviews are in April and bonus payments are made in June
- Private medical insurance, income protection, pension and life assurance are other standard benefits
- We offer great perks, such as: Free TalkTalk products, (you'll be helping us to make them, it's only fair you get to enjoy them), shopping discounts, company-wide events, flexible working hours and much more!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959332936