We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Carbon8 we are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to come join us at our Brandon site. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working primarily 40 hours a week and will receive a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package.
With the unique use of Carbon Dioxide within its treatment process, Carbon8 is ranked within the top 10 companies in the UK for permanent Carbon Capture from a commercialised process. It is also believed to be the only company in the world that produces an aggregate that is truly carbon negative winning numerous industry awards for its green credentials.
Carbon8 is a genuine 'world's first', on a number of fronts and has attracted interest from both the UK Government and the international community".
About the Maintenance Engineer role
A hands-on role, working closely with the production teams and contractors, you will ensure that day to day maintenance and repairs are completed effectively and safely, alongside continual improvements to the production plant.
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the operational site including the production plant and equipment, both internal and external. You will develop a detailed understanding of the facility to continuously improve maintenance systems and ensure they work properly and that they comply with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality regulations.
Key responsibilities of our Maintenance Engineer
- Responsible for the workshop area, and tracking/replenishing consumables.
- Responsible for the spares and sourcing suppliers to ensure spares are readily obtainable, with the longer lead-time critical spares held in stock, resulting in minimal plant downtime.
- Personally carry out Daily, Weekly & Monthly maintenance activities, in line with the manual and manufacturer's instructions and ensure that they are recorded in the site logs.
- Hands on guidance and training, to assist the teams with both preventative and reactive maintenance requirements associated with the plant and equipment at Leeds, including reviewing and development of further maintenance plans, by determining the most effective strategies for each element of the facility.
- Responsible for the continual operation of the plant, fault finding and breakdown repairs.
- Take a proactive approach to providing improvements resulting in minimising downtime and optimising production.
- Someone who is flexible to cover staff shortages and call outs to deal with breakdowns and operational problems, and to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the Site Manager.
What we're looking for in our Maintenance Engineer
- At least 5 years' experience within a heavy industry maintenance environment with the ability to fault find and repair electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic issues.
- Sound judgement skills and rational approach.
- Strong team worker with the ability to train and motivate others in the understanding of plant and machinery maintenance within a demanding production environment.
- The ability to review and improve systems and processes within a growing business, and (in conjunction with the Site Manager and Senior Supervisor) adapting initial schedules and routines as experience is gained in areas such as plant reliability.
- A willingness to be innovative, work under their own initiative, with strong organisational skills, being able to plan, prioritise and organise various tasks at the same time.
- Candidate must have a flexible approach to work and be contactable out of hours.
So if you would like to join our team as a Maintenance Engineer then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959358641