Lead Stress Engineer - Aerospace
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and we currently have some exciting positions based at our Leighton Buzzard facility, including an Lead Stress Engineer.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Building, leading and developing a team of Stress Engineers with an appropriate mix of skills to deliver the engineering (Stress) solution
Working towards or already in possess A1020 delegated signatory status
- Providing technical leadership and direction to the team
- The appointed Lead Stress Engineer will ensure that company design is certified to EASA or FAA regulations and satisfies the contract specification.
- Produce the necessary reports to demonstrate that the design satisfies all relevant EASA or FAA regulations.
- Detailed stress analysis of metal and composite structures.
- Static Unit Analysis verified by test.
- To undertake the checking and releasing of detail components, sub-assembly and general assembly structures.
- To undertake the checking and releasing of engineering drawings, eg, general arrangement, test article and installation drawings.
- Preparation of schemes and provision of technical support for test programmes. To analyse test results and report findings.
- To provide 'support to production' services including investigation to queries raised through Design Query Notes and Non-Conformity Reports, production permits and concessions and any other matter where production time scales are potentially adversely affected.
- Any other reasonable duties.
We are looking for a relevant degree qualified engineer with the following:
- Previous experience in a design organization heavily involved in aerospace design
- Familiar with current EASA and FAA regulations in particular CS-25
- Experience of using hand calculations and methods from recognised texts such as Bruhn and Roark.
- Familiarity with Nastran/FEMAP or other finite element analysis software
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Good team working and work ethic
- Experience in test verification is desirable
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959357563