Powertrain Test Systems Engineer
Our client is a diverse business that services clients across the Automotive, Off road, Aerospace, Defence and Rail Industry. Having recently been taken over, there is renewed investment in the site and an uptake of workload across its multiple business functions.
We are currently looking for a Powertrain Test Systems Engineer to join the team.
The main responsibilities of the Powertrain Test Systems Engineer will include:
- Provide all technical support for group Engineering team preparing Powertrain Facilities to perform tests activities according to customer requirements
- Provide engineering support for the Powertrain equipment and test engineers
- Assure all instruments are calibrated and producing reliable data
- Setup emission systems according to requirements
- Program test scheduling in automation systems
- Adjust engines and vehicle numeric models to run properly in test beds
- Manage test facilities data servers making all data secure and accessible to right personnel
Required Experience & qualifications
The ideal candidate for the role of Powertrain Test Systems Engineer will have an Engineering Degree an MSc in the automotive field will be a plus. You will ideally have an Automotive background preferably in an engine testing environment. Applicants must have experience with engine development test beds, as well as Instrumentation experience (Thermocouples, pressure transducers etc). Proven working knowledge of Test cell conditioning systems such Combustion Air, Charge Air, Cell Air is required for the role.
As Powertrain Test Systems Engineer you will have knowledge of AVL PUMA; ETAS INCA; AVL INDICOM; AVL CONCERTO. Applicants will have excellent attention to detail, and a proactive approach to finding solutions. A good understanding of H&S practices is required.
You must be willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959340845