Linux System Admin- (LAMP-PHP)-Camden Town
Linux System Admin- (LAMP)-Camden Town
This is an exciting time to join a leading and growing company which has plans to extend or the rest of the 2017. The Linux System will have full autonomy to plan, configure and install new applications. So if you are a Linux System admin stuck with strict policies this could be a great place to join! The Linux Admin will be you will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, and managing all our hardware, network and systems, as well as providing support to our internal teams.
You should be a proactive and skilful problem-solver, as well as passionate about ensuring that our operation runs smoothly.
- Provide systems and networking hands-on support
- Run regular backup and capacity checks
- Apply security fixes
- Assess the condition of our systems on a regular basis and make suggestions on what needs to be upgraded
- Communicate with everyone in the company in order to understand specific requirements
- Work closely with our development team and create high performance technical solutions
- Develop and maintain internal guidelines for key systems
- Role Requirements - Linux -Systems Administrator
- Passionate about network, database and security administration.
- Previous experience maintaining MySQL databases as well as Linux OS (CentOS / Ubuntu) system administration.
- Experience managing Firewall policies and working with DNS administration.
- Fluent in Nginx and/or Apache web servers.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Some knowledge of PHP -Scripting would be ideal but not essential
- Total Reward Benefits:
- Salary: £40K-55K + annual bonus scheme.
- Training budget; learning and development opportunities.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private medical care scheme.
- Subsidised Gym membership.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Birthday treats, long service awards, most valuable player award.
- Company week long convention abroad.()
- Complimentary fruit and drinks available in the office.
- Monthly nights out.
- Free lunches on Fridays.
- Charity day.Holiday:
- 25 days' holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Additional paid leave when the office is closed for the Christmas and New Year period.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959332481