12 Month Contract
22.5 hours per week
£20,000 - £24,680 pro rota + 25 days holiday (pro rata) + bank holidays + pension
Oswestry, commutable from Wrexham, Welshpool, Ellesmere, Shrewsbury
Exciting opportunity for a Database Officer to join a not for profit organisation. The Database Officer will be leading the development and management of new databases, processes and systems, as well as ensuring best practice at all times and providing specialist advice to users.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the database ensuring that it is working at optimal performance and that the information is accurate and of the highest quality, making recommendations for development work as required.
- Be the organisation?s expert on the database, undertaking analytical work and creating queries and reports on both a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Act as the key point of contact with our database provider, keeping up-to-date with developments and making recommendations for product enhancements and implementing subsequent amendments.
- Maintain data integrity by establishing and implementing regular system checks and by identifying inconsistent and incorrect data held within the database.
- Advise and train users on how accurate data can help their work and foster a wider and more effective understanding of the capabilities of databases and systems.
- Recommend and develop procedures for system administration, including capturing meaningful data as well as integrating end-user requirements.
- Educated to Level 4 or above or equivalent in an IT or business related subject.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel and Access.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build positive relationships.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise workload.
- Background in designing complex reports using multiple data sources.
- Background in the analysis and presentation of information in a meaningful and understandable manner.
- Sound knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations and other relevant legislation.
- Will be subject to a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (Paid for by the client)
- Part time 22.5 hours per week
- £20,000 - £24,680 pro rota
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) + bank holidays + pension
- Free parking
The company is a successful not for profit organisation based in the Oswestry area. This role therefore provides a Database Officer with the opportunity to work in an environment where their ethical stance and skills will be valued.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959354654