IT Support Analyst Apprentice
We are experts at scoping, designing, implementing and supporting Unified Communications (UC) solutions based on the industry-leading Skype for Business technologies.
With a proven track record of delivering first-class IT solutions across multiple business sectors, we have a reputation for technical competence, delivery of projects to time and budget, plus a friendly and approachable business culture.
You'll have a great opportunity to learn the basic IT support skills using the latest cloud and unified comms technologies. We have a proven track record in supporting and developing inexperienced staff and fast tracking them into exciting high tech careers.
As an apprentice at 1plex, you will be provided with the core skills to build an exciting career. We work with the latest and greatest technologies and support global companies with their cloud and unified comms solutions. Once you have mastered the basic technologies from a support perspective, there will be future opportunities to be involved in projects deploying the latest audio-visual meeting room technologies to support global unified comms deployments.
Day to day the role will involve:
- Providing first line support to 1plex's customers - This will involve telephone and email support but will involve a lot of face-to-face IT support at the desktop
- You will support the Microsoft Office family of products including Skype for business and will also gain an understanding of Microsoft server products and cloud technologies such as Office 365
- You will be responsible for routinely checking backups and capacity planning (making sure servers and cloud services has enough disk space etc)
- Skype for business is used extensively for voice and video calls and you will be expected to become an expert user of this technology
- On occasions you will be expected to test video and voice quality for remote teaching where students may be located in Asia/North America etc
- Needs to be a problem solver
- Someone who is happy to ask for help but equally someone who has the ability to think and solve problems for themselves
- Must have good inter personal skills as you will be dealing with customers face to face
- You should be able to inspire confidence
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
8.30am - 5pm (37.5 hours per week)
- Salary will be reviewed after 6 months and can be increased to 180 per week, depending on performance
- Dress code is smart casual
Other Important Information
A previous apprentice we had (working on this site) went on to work with us providing support to a global pharmaceutical company. He is earning > £35k having started out on an apprenticeship less than two years ago. (He was exceptional but the opportunities are available for someone who has the required skills and completely commits to their career)
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959350809