Project Engineer - Closures
RLE International is working on behalf of their Automotive OEM Client, whom are currently looking for Project Engineer - Closures to join their expanding team in Cranfield.
Mission & Main Objectives
- Current and future model design / development of body closures
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design and development of current and future model closures - components and systems.
- Leading the technical development from concept through to production
- Responsible for achieving quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Conduct design reviews / FMEA for new / modified designs
- Supporting benchmarking and design to cost activities
- Root cause investigation and countermeasure for market issues
- Bill of material creation and management
- Supplier management to ensure system performance levels are met.
- Liaison and negotiation with others at all levels both internally and externally.
Background and Experience
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering or related subject
- Excel / PowerPoint / Word proficient
- Fluent in English
- Other language skills an advantage (particularly Japanese, French, Spanish, Russian)
- Full UK driving licence
- The successful candidate will preferably have experience in BIW structures / mechanism design and development or similar automotive background.
- They will be technical strong and able to demonstrate competence in designing to cost and quality targets, design for manufacture, supplier management (both technically and from a 'project' perspective), concern investigation, countermeasure development and decision analysis.
- Able to work under own initiative and be comfortable working to defined schedules in a multi-national, multi-cultural team on multiple projects.
- Ability to use NX cad advantageous, not essential
- Good communication and presentation skills will be expected.
- Full driving licence and ability to travel to offsite locations both in UK and abroad
- Good understanding of tolerancing
- Good understanding of statistical analysis and application to parts quality management
- Good understanding of parts and vehicle manufacturing processes
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959354041