About the Role
This is a newly created role. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Assistant Accountant will take ownership for the preparation of a number of finance documents. Key responsibilities include:
- Assembling monthly management accounts including accruals, prepayments and fixed asset management.
- Supporting budget holders with planning, providing monthly reporting with analysis and supporting with the resolution of any queries.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations, annual statutory accounts and tax packs.
- Processing of all statutory & regulatory reporting including VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE, and Statistical Returns.
- Liaising and providing information to external parties including auditors, landlord, banks and merchant services.
- Acting as a support mechanism to the Cash & Payments team and the Finance Manager.
About the Person
You will have completed or part completed an accounting qualification (AAT/CIMA/ACCA/ACA). Alternatively you will have management accounts experience and will demonstrate a willingness to study towards an accounting qualification.
- You will have a strong attention to detail combined with the ability to work at speed.
- You will be a good communicator with the ability to listen and interpret complex information.
- You will be team focussed, with a willingness to support colleagues and work collaboratively to deliver on time.
About the Brand
Becoming a parent is a big step, and big steps need good companions. We've made it our mission to be here for the next generation of parents. Helping them through pregnancy and beyond with products, advice and experiences they need to grow the lifestyle they want.
From our Head Office in Huddersfield, Mamas & Papas looks after 30 stores and 100 trusted stockists in the UK and Ireland. With stores and partnerships in more than 40 countries around the world, wherever they are, we help our customers to bring baby into their world, their way.
About the Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll be entitled to lots of exciting benefits* including:
Fit us round your life with flexible working hours.
Enjoy time off with up to 35 days holiday.
We'll help secure your future with at least 3% contribution.
Receive peace of mind with a generous entitlement plan.
Take advantage of 35% off Mamas & Papas products.
Take the sting out of childcare with our voucher scheme.
Enjoy subsidised Starbucks, free tea and coffee, Wi-Fi and more at our social hub.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959350676