Design Engineer, Hydraulics - NX
Our client, one of the world's most prestigious luxury OEM's, is looking to recruit a contract Mechanical Design Engineer with expertise in hydraulics for their Special Vehicle Projects division. This team produces low volume and one off vehicles and race cars for clients and for prestigious events such as the Le Mans 24 hour race.
The purpose of the role is the realisation of hydraulics component design, for example the wing of a race car, in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings.
- CAD design and modelling of hydraulics components
- Preparation of detailed drawings to company drafting standards
- Some preparation of engineering release packs
- Work under the direction of project engineer or PMST leader on a day to day basis
- Investigation of build issues in prototype and on line to establish root cause and design changes required.
- Design of components using NX5.
- Use Digibuck to review and present design concepts
The successful candidate will be able take the CAD design from concept to finished CAD model and produce finished drawings for engineering release. Some preparation of basic paperwork for engineering release may also be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering related discipline.
- Experience as a design engineer within the aerospace or motorsport industries.
- Skilled in automotive component design using NX.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, with design experience in this area.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959338576