ASPNET / Angularjs Developer
Pelican Procurement is hiring for a new ASP.NET / Angularjs Developer colleague, to help develop the software underpinning our online procurement system.
We're writing software that handles data that isn't always typical, meaning lots of interesting challenges as we address our clients' evolving needs; creating a really usable product, that's also robust, scales and integrates well.
Now is a great time to join our team of motivated Developers, enjoying a period of positive change and ongoing investment in technology, with lots of fresh code to write. Working closely with our team lead, it's a mix of new development work, primarily on back end with an element of using staff, and important ongoing improvements to our existing software
You can help us with
- Writing optimal code that takes our Pi procurement software to the next level
- Assessing and introducing new technologies and methodologies
- Embracing modern ways of working - e.g. Agile, SCRUM, a DevOps approach, potentially a move to GitHub / GitLab
We're looking for
- Someone who's competent at writing effective code for complex business logic
- A strong work ethic, and comfort with autonomy
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A readiness to champion and adopt modern practices
- Proven abilities in AngularJS (or similar), ASP.NET Web API, and the Entity Framework (or other ORM)
- A basic familiarity with SQL Server (or other SQL based database)
- Someone who works inclusively, and who works well in a distributed team
Our current technology mix includes - we'll help you get up to speed
ASP.NET | Entity Framework | AngularJS | TypeScript | Sass | Grunt | SQL Server | Azure | Visual Studio | JIRA | TFS | and more?
Salary and benefits
- £25,000 - £45,000+ negotiable
- Discretionary company bonus
- Discretionary remote working, with regular visits to the office
- Contributory pension scheme | cash health plan | 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing to 28 after two years and 30 after four years service
Pelican is a market-leading procurement specialist providing purchasing and supply chain services to private and public sector organisations. Customers span a variety of different sectors ? Hotel, Restaurant, Public Sector, Education, Healthcare to name a few - with purchasing spend ranging from £500k to £10m. Pelican is a friendly and dynamic workplace with 70 staff and head offices in Elstead, Surrey.
Location: Elstead, Surrey. Commutable from Basingstoke, Crawley, Farnborough, Farnham, Guildford
Please be in touch with Vittoria at techfolk, our recruitment partner, to find out more
RECRUITERS: Pelican has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959350471