Accounts Payable Controller
Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Best Western has an opportunity available for an Accounts Payable Controller to join our team in York as part of a part time job share. The hours of work are 9am to 5.30pm, 3 consecutive days a week (to suit the role holder).
About the Company
Interchange & Consort Hotels incorporates two high profile organisations:
- Best Western Great Britain "Hotels with Personality" - the largest group of independently owned and managed hotels in the World
- Beacon - a specialist provider of purchasing, consultancy and advisory services to over 2,000 customers in the hospitality, leisure and healthcare industries
We have a fantastic, friendly and fun working environment, and we are committed to being a great place to work.
The Accounts Payable Controller is responsible for the creation of twice monthly payment runs to suppliers.. The role also includes a large amount of communication with external 'suppliers' and internal 'customers'.
What are the responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Controller?
- To produce twice monthly payment run to suppliers.
- To register all supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- To make weekly expense payments to ICH employees.
- Setup new suppliers within the finance system.
- Manage the purchase order system and assist users with the process.
- To produce and pay quarterly "Self Billing" invoices.
- Provide main contact point for internal and external supplier queries.
- Commitment to customer service excellence, providing a high level of service delivery to both internal and external customers at all times.
- Undertake any reasonable additional duties or responsibilities in order to meet the needs of the team and the business.
What do we look for in an Accounts Payable Controller?
- Experience of providing administrative support within a busy office environment
- Experience of working with systems and databases
- Experience of accurately inputting to databases, maintaining manual/electronic records and the analysis and manipulation of this data
- Experience of working with numerical data
- Experience of handling confidential information and knowledge of Data Protection legislation
- Experience of processing invoices
- Experience of providing administrative support within a financial environment
- Experience of working with financial systems
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent IT skills, with the ability to maximise systems
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to manage large volumes of data accurately
- Good organisational skills, able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work to high standards and to spot anomalies
- Ability to analyse information and data
Qualifications / Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, eg Word, Excel and Outlook
- Qualified by experience in a similar administrative role
- Experience of using a financial system, eg Sage or something similar would be an advantage
- Knowledge of financial best practice
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
- Company bonus, pension, life assurance, income protection
- Employee discounts
- An additional day off on your birthday.
- Career and learning opportunities with the ability to develop a career within the company.
- A working environment where you won't be just a cog in the machine.
If you wish to join our exceptionally talented staff community and take the next step to advance your future career by becoming our Accounts Payable Controller - Why not click 'apply' today to send your CV and a covering letter?
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959350700