Head of IT Infrastructure
Head of IT Infrastructure? NHS, from 47.1K to £58.2k + excellent benefits, Bristol
The Head of IT Infrastructure, under the direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) will be responsible for all Technical Services activities relating to the IT Infrastructure, including the Data and Voice networks and the Server estate. This will include the management of all technical staff engaged on those activities
You will be based at Southmead Hospital in North Bristol. Salary from 47.1K to £58.2K & excellent NHS benefits, starting on 27 days AL + bank holidays and excellent pension.
- Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO), be responsible for all Technical Services activities relating to the IT Infrastructure, including the Data and Voice networks and the Server estate within an ambitious and improving large acute NHS Trust (~£550m turnover, ~8000+ staff)
- You will have the opportunity to shape a new team and workforce optimisation and transformation programme from the beginning
- You will be a senior leader within a well led organisation with a good track record of realising challenging improvements and the appetite to continue improving and transforming within a ?can do? culture
- You will be part of a dedicated and committed team in one of the most modern hospitals in Europe with an international reputation for world-class clinical care
And if you are from outside the area, Bristol is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, and gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to the spectacular countryside and coastlines of South Wales, Devon, Dorset and Cornwall.
- You will be required to have an excellent technical knowledge of IT services, along with an in-depth understanding of clinical and healthcare services and processes.
- You will also have knowledge of the local strategic vision and be able to use this knowledge to enable the development of the IT infrastructure.
- You will demonstrate excellent communications at all levels, both within and external to the NHS and be able to demonstrate good people management skills in order to manage and direct the support teams under his/her control.
- You will have a highly developed specialist technical knowledge, underpinned by theory and experience, of the use and technical operation of IT systems across the Health Service through Master?s Degree level education or specialist knowledge acquired through training or equivalent relevant experience.
- The post holder will have an excellent understanding of the management of business-critical IT systems to ensure high-availability for all departments.
- Detailed knowledge of techniques and methods for incorporating resilience into key systems.
- You will be expected to have an excellent understanding of IT trends and technologies, specifically in the field of systems management, including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, SQL, etc.
The successful Head of IT Infrastructure will have significant experience of:
- Strong Senior leadership and management skills
- Successful delivery of substantial workforce related projects
- Effective management of multiple concurrent work streams
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent people and stakeholder skills
- First class workload management, project management and organisation skills
- Strong training, coaching and influencing skills
- Ability to self-manage and self-deliver results
Please contact *************************** for further details or alternatively on ***********
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959332254