IT Infrastructure Team Leader - Birmingham
IT Infrastructure Engineer Team Leader, IT Security ? Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham
Salary ? 45k plus benefits
This advanced software house based in Sutton Coldfield with good links to North Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, Walsall etc are looking to add a IT Infrastructure Engineer team leader to their technical services team, the successful Senior IT Infrastructure engineer / team leader will be joining an established IT Support team where you will work closely with the team of Infrastructure Engineers and Information Security analyst offering guidance and support to ensure the ongoing performance and availability of the company?s Internal IT and Telecoms Systems.
You will manage the daily work load defined & driven by the business, projects and daily task supported by the Group IT Security & Services Manager and will build a succession plan and help team members to aspire towards team leadership or technical specialist roles.
Key Responsibilities for this Infrastructure & IT Security team leader role;
- Managing the systems, servers and other network components together with telecoms used to deliver their internet-based 24 / 7 service
- Resolves problems reported by end users for LAN & WAN networks, desktops, networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Monitors and measures the performance of the network; reports problems to appropriate individuals/teams
- Understand the need for good documentation, control and system procedures
- Lead and motivate your team members, providing technical guidance and setting challenging objectives
- Encourage an innovative culture that embraces change and experimentation while appreciating the need to provide a resilient service for our customers
- Promote best practices within the team
Essential skills for this Infrastructure & IT Security team leader role;
- Minimum of 5 years? experience within industry in a similar role, including experience of working with high-availability systems.
- First class troubleshooting skills, with an ability to demonstrate this as part of the recruitment process.
- High level of attention to detail with a methodical, patient approach.
- Network management and performance analysis
- In Depth understanding of Core Microsoft on-premise products (Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange) and also their cloud based offerings (Office 365, Azure)
- Good understanding of telecommunications
- An exposure of network security and server hardening.
- Prior experience leading a small team.
- VMWare Virtualisation and Shared Storage Practices (VCP or above)
- Understanding of Cisco Nexus and IOS (CCNA or above)
The successful Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Information security engineer will manage, motivate and support a team of Infrastructure and IT security engineers working to SMART objectives, where you will develop training plans based on business and individual progression needs.
This is a superb opportunity to join an established player operating in a niche industry. Please send your cv for consideration. You will also be required to participate in an on-call rota, being on-call one day on, four days off.
Any additional skills in Administration of relational (SQL) and dynamic schema (NoSQL) database engines, Kali Linux, penetration testing and the ability to support Mongo and elastic search would be advantageous to the role
Send your CV to Sian now
Please follow us on twitter @erinassociates for similar roles
Erin Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959358710