Apprentice Estimator - Construction Industry
£9.50 per hour
25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Medical Insurance after qualifying period and day release at College in attending a relevant course.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Estimator to join an award winning SME based in Warwickshire.
Our client is a successful, profitable and progressive SME with over 25 years' experience in the specialist raised access flooring construction industry, contracting on a national basis.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to work within the Sales/Estimating team initially carrying out administrative tasks as well as estimating smaller enquiries.
This position is a 'starting block' into other areas and offers opportunities for long term future progression.
The hours of work are Mon-Fri - 8.30-17.00
The Apprentice Estimator must be flexible in working hours to meet demands of the business.
The position is office based, although occasionally the Apprentice Estimator may be required to visit potential clients when tendering or meet clients on site.
Duties, to include the following, all with the same priority and importance.
- To complete the required academic and practical training requirements of the apprenticeship.
- To gain knowledge and understanding of other aspects of the business operations by participating in their training and projects as and when required.
- Develop an understanding of the systems, products and services in order to quote projects accurately.
- Gain hands on operational experience by assisting in the following:
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain prices.
- Contacting clients to discuss enquiries and quotations where required.
- Logging enquiries on an excel database, maintaining and updating when necessary.
- Estimating small enquiries.
- Reading and understanding drawings.
- Document preparation, job raising and filing.
- Downloading enquiries and ascertaining project flooring requirements.
- Printing and preparing documents for estimating file.
- Utilising Callidus measuring software.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest standard and in the interest of the company.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by your peers to support company objectives.
- Observe and comply with all good working practices.
- GCSE English, Maths and Information Technology equivalent to grade C and above.
- Will have a genuine interest in CAD.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Methodical approach to solving queries.
- Analytical with a good understanding and enjoyment of Maths.
- Ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently.
- Adept at using Microsoft word and Excel packages.
- Have access to their own car or public transport due to the location of the office.
White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959341429